For the latest media releases and news about Pharmaxis Ltd, please select from the following articles. Material news announcements made by Pharmaxis are first filed with the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and are also available on the ASX website.
Pharmaxis Earns A$15 Million Milestone Payment as Boehringer Ingelheim Clinical Trial in Diabetic Retinopathy Doses 1st Patient
Pharmaceutical research company Pharmaxis Ltd (ASX: PXS) today announced dosing of the first patient in Boehringer Ingelheim’s Phase 2a clinical trial in patients with diabetic retinopathy (DR), triggering a €10 million (~A$15 million) milestone payment to Pharmaxis. DR is the second disease to be targeted with BI 1467335 originally discovered by Pharmaxis. BI 1467335 is also in an ongoing Phase 2a clinical trial for non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
Gary Phillips, Pharmaxis CEO said, “This milestone payment marks the expansion of the Boehringer Ingelheim development plan for BI 1467335 into two diseases, where all the potential development milestones in the deal (~A$625m), would be payable to Pharmaxis should both indications be approved."Read full media release - pdf
Pharmaceutical research company Pharmaxis (ASX: PXS) today announced it has successfully achieved extended reimbursement of its drug Bronchitol (mannitol) on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS). Effective from 1st January 2018, eligible people with cystic fibrosis who are taking Pulmozyme® (dornase alfa), another CF medication, will be able to add reimbursed Bronchitol to their treatment regime.Read full media release - pdf
Pharmaceutical research company Pharmaxis Ltd (ASX: PXS) today announced it had taken full scientific and commercial control of the collaboration between Pharmaxis and UK biotech company Synairgen plc (AIM: SNG). Pharmaxis has expanded the scientific program on LOXL2 inhibitors to maximise its value to potential partners and at the same time substantially increased its interest in the program in return for a payment of £5 million to Synairgen.
The changes can be summarised as follows:
- Pharmaxis has immediately doubled the program scope to encompass two lead candidates with unique properties that it intends to take to the end of phase 1 trials with additional toxicology data delivered in parallel to enable them to be phase 2 ready by mid-2018.
- Pharmaxis has assumed full control of the ongoing partnering process and is targeting to conclude a deal after the phase 1 studies have reported.
- Changes in the collaboration financial arrangements include:
- Pharmaxis has significantly increased its share of any partnering deal for the LOXL2 program in fibrotic diseases to over 80%.
- Synairgen has retained a reduced but fixed percentage share of all future partnering revenues.
- Pharmaxis has assumed full funding responsibility for the ongoing collaboration program.
- Pharmaxis will make a cash payment to Synairgen of £5 million (approximately A$9m).