Syntara doses first patient in Phase 2 trial of patients with sleep disorder at risk of Parkinson’s disease
Clinical stage drug developer Syntara1 today announced that the first patient has been dosed in its randomised double-blind placebo controlled Phase 2 study of the Syntara drug discovery PXS-4728 studying patients with isolated Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behaviour Disorder (iRBD) who are at risk of Parkinson’s disease.
The first patient has been dosed in Sydney in a multi-national trial that is majority funded by the Parkinson’s Virtual Biotech, the international drug discovery and development program founded by Parkinson’s UK.
1. At the 2023 annual general meeting to be held on 28 November 2023, Pharmaxis shareholders will be asked to approve a change in the name of the company from Pharmaxis Ltd to Syntara Limited (ASX: SNT).Read full media release - pdf
Pharmaxis Ltd (ASX: PXS) will release its Quarterly Shareholder Update on the morning of 31 October 2023.
Investors and analysts are invited to participate in a virtual investor briefing by the Company’s chief executive officer Mr Gary Phillips at 10.00am AEDT on Tuesday 31 October 2023.
The event will consist of a short presentation of the Company’s progress over the past quarter and future plans followed by a Q&A session from attendees.
The event is free to attend, and investors should register in advance using the following registration link:
Upon registration, instructions for joining the session will be sent via email.
To ensure as many questions as possible can be responded to in the allotted time, Pharmaxis welcomes investors to pre-submit questions by emailing them to: email@example.comRead full media release - pdf
The 2023 Annual General Meeting of Pharmaxis will be held as a virtual meeting on Tuesday, 28 November 2023 at 11:00 am (Sydney time).
The notice of meeting, explanatory statement and proxy form was made available to shareholders on 26 October 2023. The notice of meeting together with a sample proxy form is available here.
The 2023 statutory annual report is available here.
Pharmaxis Announces Major Company Restructure – Sale of Mannitol Business and Creation of Syntara; a Clinical-Stage Drug Development Company
Pharmaxis Ltd (ASX: PXS) has announced details of the sale of the mannitol respiratory business which manufactures and supplies Aridol and Bronchitol to global markets and the formation of Syntara, a clinical stage drug development company primarily focusing on treatments for haematological malignancies (blood related cancers).
Key restructure features:
- Sale of mannitol respiratory business to pharmaceutical manufacturing specialist, Arna Pharma
- Pharmaxis to be renamed Syntara1
- Residual net exit costs of less than A$1m with Syntara to receive product royalties from Arna Pharma
- Significant reduction in cost base: core expenses to be reduced by over 60% saving the company over A$14m per year
- Syntara1 to primarily focus on clinical development.
- Five planned clinical studies to deliver results in high unmet need diseases by mid-2025.
Lead drug candidate PXS-5505 to commence FDA agreed phase 2 trial in myelofibrosis in current quarter, Q4 2023Read full media release - pdf