Amine Oxidase Platform
There is significant interest among leading clinicians and pharmaceutical companies in inflammatory and fibrotic diseases. Pharmaxis’ amine oxidase platform enables the synthesis of inhibitors with different pharmacological and pharmacokinetic profiles to potentially treat a number of inflammatory and fibrotic diseases.
The inhibition of amine oxidase based enzymes has broad potential applications.
Key areas of current focus:
- Non‐Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)/ liver fibrosis – SSAO and LOXL2
- Diabetic retinopathy (DR) - SSAO
- Idiopathic Pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) – LOXL2
- Pancreatic cancer & myelofibrosis – LOX (systemic)
Other active programs:
- Scarring – LOX (topical)
- Inflammatory indications: bowel and respiratory diseases – SSAO/MPO