For the latest media releases and news about Pharmaxis Ltd, please select from the following articles. Material news announcements made by Pharmaxis are first filed with the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and are also available on the ASX website.
- Recruitment in the final placebo controlled phase of the study of 42 patients has completed
- Results expected in Q2 2023 to assess safety profile, improvements in scar appearance and function, and evidence that LOX inhibition is modifying scar tissue at a structural and biochemical level.
Pharmaceutical research company Pharmaxis Ltd (ASX: PXS) is pleased to announce the appointment of experienced senior global pharma executive Dr Simon Green to the Board as an independent non-executive director.
Dr Green has 30 years of experience in the biotechnology industry focussed on the discovery, development and commercialisation of life saving medicines. He worked in the USA at leading biotechnology companies Genentech Inc and Chiron Corporation prior to joining CSL in 1998. Dr Green was actively involved in CSL’s global expansion over a 17-year period and held roles as Senior Vice President, Global Plasma R&D and General Manager of CSL’s manufacturing plants in Germany and Australia.
Dr Green’s breadth of skills covers R&D drug development, corporate due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning, portfolio management, financial management, intellectual property management, business development, contract management and organizational design.
Pharmaxis Chairman Malcolm McComas said, “We are delighted to welcome Simon to the Pharmaxis Board. He is an innovator with a strong drive to improve the lives of patients and his deep experience in product development at CSL is very relevant to our near term plans for the commercialization of our drug candidates for myelofibrosis and other fibrotic diseases.”Read full media release - pdf
- Further analysis of interim data from 6 patients in phase 2 myelofibrosis study; PXS-5505 continues to exhibit an excellent safety profile with encouraging signs of clinical activity in patients ineligible for a JAK inhibitor.
- Pharmaxis to discuss next steps in clinical development of PXS-5505 for myelofibrosis with FDA in Q1 2023.
- Potential application for PXS-5505 in myelodysplastic syndrome highlighted by promising data released from pre-clinical studies of bone marrow samples from patients.